Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pinkie

                                                                                                    
I never got to find out why the hand's small finger is called "pinkie". I first heard it when my daughter who was then in nursery sang a song taught in school. It goes something like "Where is pinkie? Where is pinkie? Here I am. Here I am...How are you this morning, how are you this morning..."

        Filipino traditional healers ask the patient to position pinkies of both hands side by side.  If one is longer than the other, then it is positive that the patient is being influenced or possessed by an elemental. Prayers or oracion are recited to free the patient from such influence.

         One day we had a visitor who came with her six year old son.
I thought there was something different about the little boy but I could not pinpoint what it was. There was something in his eyes... I followed my intuition and sat beside him. "Let me take a look at your hands", I said. I put the two pinkies together and saw that one is longer than the other by about one-fourth inch.  His mother and her friend looked at each other with questions in their eyes. I felt I had to do something, so I prayed for protection for everyone, and asked that the child be freed from whatever entity it was in the Name of Jesus Christ. I felt it was a playful elemental that was influencing the boy. After a minute or two, I compared the two pinkies. We were all amazed that the said fingers were already of the same length.

          The same thing happened to a graduate student who was near middle-age. I don't remember what he and  his classmates told me that made me go nearer. I requested him to put his two pinkies side by side.  Everyone in the room saw that one was longer than the other, so I asked him if he would allow me to pray over him. He is a pastor, but he agreed. After the short prayers, the length of his two fingers became the same.

         Don't ask me why pinkies are indicators of some "intrusion". I never got to ask  my friends who are traditional healers. Sometimes, if you are perceptive enough, you'll see something different with the eyes of the person.



No comments:

Post a Comment