Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Full Moon in Marawi


Vic  went with me on  my research about traditional healing in Lanao del Sur to have a reunion with another classmate, Marianita  of Mindanao State University in Marawi City. Marianita made arrangements for us to stay at the executive guest house on campus, very near the mosque.  With us was my son  whoI wanted  exposed to Maranao architecture and art. The big two-story house had several bedrooms, and spacious living and dining rooms.
            It was full moon when we were there and from the garden,  we could see Lanao Lake. The campus had rolling terrain and it was simply beautiful.
           After dinner, I suggested a walk to Vic and my son, but as we were going out the gate, the guard asked us where we were going. I got irritated and answered him that we were just going for a walk. I thought he was being intrusive. He practically begged us not to go, at first reluctant to tell us why. Then he told us that there were “incidents” on campus that week and he was only concerned about our safety. Upon hearing that, we needed no further convincing. We decided to sit in the garden instead and chat with the guard whose armalite lay comfortably on his lap.        

No comments:

Post a Comment